- I canned over 200 quarts and pints of stew, salsa, beans, pears and peaches.
- I went to the Puyallup (Pew-Al-Up) fair for the first time. In my life.
- We saw a rodeo and Craig Morgan in concert.
- School started
- Nicole is in 10th grade, Matthew is in 9th grade, Anna is in 2nd.
- I only went to the gym 6 times last summer.
- The weather has been awesome this summer and we've spent a lot of time outside in the sun. I have the best 'tan' of my
adultlife. I'd be embarrassed by my lack of color if I went anywhere outside the PNW.
- Matthew fell off his bike and got a concussion. No, he wasn't wearing his helmet. Yes he has a helmet. He has three actually. Feedback I received was, 'Don't let your kids ride their bikes without a helmet.' DUH! It's easy to say that if you don't have children or if you don't have older children. When my kids were in elementary school I was outside with them while they were getting helmets on and leaving for school or bike rides. That is not how it works as your kids get older. Ken and I have taught our kids correct principles and they (the big kids more than Anna, who is still little,) now govern themselves. They have natural good or bad consequences for each choice they make and if they mess up, they lose freedoms, which is also a natural consequence. The moral of this story while standing on my soapbox? Don't judge. Q&A: Q: Are you a little over sensitive about this? A: Yes! You would be too if you got overly judgmental comments about your parenting too!! ps, he's doing fine, thanks for asking.
- Clearly, I need therapy still.
I think that's enough uneasiness to inflict on my 4 readers for one day. I'll try again tomorrow.