.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Awkward, no Awesome

Awkward:
  • I drove all the way to Shelton yesterday to go to a quilt shop. It had moved. When I got to the store, I remembered it was a lame store that I didn't ever feel the need to go to again. note to self...don't go Shelton for anything, ever again.
  • I have gone swimming everyday this week. This morning while I was at the pool, a guy in the pool felt like he needed to give me swimming tips. They included:
  1. Run through the water as fast as you can. 
  2. Do everything you're already doing, but do it faster and longer. 
  3. Get a snorkel set.
  4. Don't get discouraged.
  • This fellow swimmer must have mistaken me for someone who was discouraged and looking for advice. The whole time he was talking, I was seriously telling myself, 'Don't say a word Dedra. Don't say something mean Dedra. Don't make eye contact Dedra.' I have decided that if he tries to offer me any advice again, I am going to tell him I have already set my schedule and I'm going to ask him to watch his language. He said the 'F' word 3 times during our less than 5 minute conversation. yikes!!
  • I told pool I was pretty happy with my results so far, even though I can't swim very well. He told me it was apparent I can't swim. Then I called him a douche in my mind, thanked him out loud, and swam away. ps, I took lap swimming classes in college. I'm an expert dog paddler. haha  I'm seeing results though.
  • The last three bullets and four number should really have been one bullet. [this one too]
  • the end. i've got nothing. for my next trick, i'll be taking a nap. don't call until 11:30. gracias.

4 comments:

Mayson said...

Wow Dedra its like the guy at the pool was totally hitting on you. What kind of a pool do you go to anyway?

Gina Jill said...

I would have said mean things and told him to watch his mouth. You're nicer than me.

Gina Jill said...

I would have said mean things and told him to watch his mouth. You're nicer than me.

Vanessa said...

I hate those situations. Please just leave me alone. I didn't come here for coaching. Congratulations on an awesome thing to do. I'm kinda jealous, minus your volunteer coach.

MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)