.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 14, 2014

Day One: A Song From My Childhood.

We moved from Boise, Idaho when I had just finished up second grade. I was 8 years old. Up until that point, I had had all my birthdays in the same house. On the drive to Oregon, as we were going down the switchbacks of Cabbage Hill, this song came on the radio. It's the first song in my memory that is linked to an emotion. As I was listening to it today, all the worry and sadness and uncertainty of moving to a new 'land' hit home. I wasn't very brave as an 8 year old, especially during the introduction. It tears me up but I still love this song.




Please click here for the link to listen to the song.

Ryan's day one is here.
Gina's day one is here.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This song reminds me of watching/helping my dad do surgery on a goat in our basement.

if the comment ended like that, it would be really creepy/awesome, so I will end it there. :) I am going to enjoy these posts.

MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)