.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day Six: A Song That Reminds Me of a Best Friend.

How is a girl to pick one best friend? I could name ten women right now who I'd be lost without. This song is dedicated to them.

My best friend in 1st grade was Rebecca Swanson. We both had really long hair and I was jealous of her hair things her mom made for her. My mom made those too, but wouldn't make them for me. We moved to Boise in the middle of 2nd grade and I lost contact with her.


My best friend in junior high was Melissa Vail. We went to the movies together, had a few sleepovers and even spent the night in Seattle once, at her aunt and uncle's house while they were out of town. Party time, I tell you. I think we were 14 and 15. We ate ice cream for dinner and watched movies. I saw her a few months ago. I went to her house and we canned stew. She's still super fun.

My best friend in high school was Monica Carroll. We had a love hate relationship. We seemed to be friends from about February to September every year. Then we'd get in a fight and hate each other for a few months, and then be friends again. I'm not sure what any of our arguments were about, but they saved up from having to buy birthday and Christmas gifts for each other. Monica was my first and only experience was missionary work. She joined the church when we were in 11th grade. I don't know where she is now.

Here is a fun fact for you. I have gone to the temple with almost every single one of my dearest friends, going all the way back to middle school. I'm very blessed.

I couldn't think of one person I could dedicate a song to. Since 2002, I've made lifelong friends with quite a few women who I consider the best of friends. They can not be numbered in a favorite lists. Here is the song I dedicate to all of these ladies.

For Good
Click here for the link if you are reading this in an email.

Ryan's Blog
Gina's Blog
MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)