.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward:

  • My sleep schedule. I have never recovered from working graveyard shifts. I sleep from 1:30 to 4:30 in the morning and from 9 to 11:45 in the morning. Although that is less than 6 hours in every 24, I feel like I've wasted my day, quite often. The other night I took a sleeping pill at 8 with the intention of sleeping through the night and then staying up all day--an attempt to get back on schedule. I fought extreme tired for 4 hours before giving in to a nap, after the sleeping pill only made me feel paralyzed  but did not help me sleep. more lame than awkward.
  • Ken sitting up at 3 in the morning and getting dressed to go on a removal. He was asleep. There was no removal.
  • I was just looking for a picture of awkwardness, because I download them at random times, and I came across about 40 photos on our hard drive of people I don't know. Ken made a tribute video for a family at work and didn't use a flash drive. I'll be deleting those in a few minutes.
  • I still haven't figured out how to make a fabric bowl. However, they are less like sombreros and more like garden hats now. {Thanks April for the sombrero song. I had forgotten that one!}



Awesome:

  • Some of the children in jr. primary have learned to snap. They are their own percussion during singing time.
  • I made tortilla pizza twice this week. It's regular pizza with a tortilla for crust. I put spinach, artichokes, tomatoes and mushroom on it. I loved it, both times.
  • I had my bi-annual interview last night to have my temple recommend renewed. It had expired. I don't like it when that happens.
  • Although I have not done well on making my bed, I have not missed scripture study this year.
  • Matthew and I finally made it to Les Schwab to get the tire on my van fixed. It was under warranty. I like it when that happens.
  • Ensign Ranch is in 8 days.
  • Matthew and I are reading President Monson's biography right now [as part of his home school curriculum. we mix church and state.] I highly recommend it.[mixing church and state and reading that book.
  • I have a friend on the East Coast. {That's not the awesome part.} When I'm up at 4:30 and 5 in the morning, and want to talk to a friend, I can call her. She's up already. If she can't sleep at 10 or 11 or midnight her time, she can call me. I'm still up. It's awesome. That's the only thing awesome about her living over there.
  • This picture of Nicole, taken right before first grade. I just found it and it sure makes my heart smile.

Awkward and Awesome:

I am going to be taking a quilt class this year. It's one night a month, and we will be making 12 blocks. My first class is on the 24th. (My dad's birthday.) I have been studying the pattern and the supply list. I'm so excited and nervous that I'll be lame, that I made the first block last night as a trial run. I'm glad I did it though, because I'm going to tweak my supply list so I'll like my block better. That is the beauty of creating. Everybody can make theirs how they want to. I love it.

I made the block on the bottom right hand corner.



No comments:

MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)