As I sit here in my bed, not quite ready to face the world, secretly wishing I had a personal supply of xanax, I think I should count my blessings and tell you 5 things I'm thankful for. (and not just the obvious ones.)
- I'm thankful for all my fellow bloggers who update regularly. As sad as it may sound, you are my social life because I don't get out much. (hence the desire for mucho xanax.) I also like to blog stalk. (not real stalk.)
- I'm thankful to be living in Washington State again. I've also lived in Oregon, Utah, Idaho and Kansas. I breathe better when I live in Washington. Literally and psychologically. There is something about knowing you live a short drive from the people you care the most about.
- We don't have TV in our home. Everything that crosses the screen is there by invitation. Because of this I feel the spirit more strongly in our home.
- I'm thankful we don't have to go outside to an outhouse to go to the bathroom. I think I'd be cranky a lot more often if that were the case.
- I have 16 set speed dials on my cell phone and only 3 of them are local. All the other's classify as long distance and I call many of them fairly often. I'm thankful it is affordable to make those calls.
I recently read a book (from the YA section) that may or may not have been the best choice I've ever made. It's called 'Fancy White Trash.' by Marjetta Geerling Here are the problems with this book.
- underage drinking
- teenage pregnancy
- one person is confused about his sexuality
- The whole 'cast' of this book is completely dysfunctional.
Here are the 'good' things about this book.
- There is no swearing.
- There are no sex scenes.
- It is HILARIOUS!
Am I recommending it? Probably not, but maybe.
Have you ever read it? I'd love to talk about it.
That is all.