Trishelle, I had you in mind the whole time I was baking these. I hope its a recipes you can use...
3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place the peanut butter, butter, and sugars in a large mixing bowl and beat together with an electric mixer on medium-high until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Beat in the oat mixture on low until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies until they are golden around the edges but still soft on top, about 12 minutes. Let the cookies stand on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then carefully slide the parchment sheet with the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
*I didn't have any old fashioned oats so I used instant and they turned out just fine. In fact, they were really good! I will make these again in the future.