.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Memory Monday

Two random memories that crossed my mind yesterday...

In 1989 my Dad was working in Boise, Idaho after he lost his job in Oregon. He would leave on Sunday night, work all week in Boise and come home Friday night. He did this for at least a couple of months before he found the job that brought us to the Kitsap Peninsula.

On one trip home for the weekend Dad told me he'd give me $5 to iron all his work shirts for him. Sweet! Who doesn't want $5, especially when you're 12! I went downstairs and got right to work. It took me almost an hour to get those shirts done and after I'd finished, I went to Dad to collect my earnings. He was surprised I had finished so quickly. Actually, he thought it was impossible. I assured him all the shirts were ironed. He then asked me if I'd washed them. I was shocked! He didn't say anything about washing them first. I told him no. He told me they were dirty. I told him they did smell weird, but it never even crossed my mind to wash them. I never did the laundry.

Dad paid me $5. Mom washed his shirts and hung them up when they came out of the drier. He didn't have nice ironed shirts for the next week and I was never hired again.

***

In 2nd grade we lived in Boise, Idaho. Heather and I shared a bedroom. Our favorite song was 'Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows' by Leslie Gore. We listened to that song and that record for hours. When Heather wasn't home, I'd listen to it while I jumped on our bed. It was a crime, punishable by spankings to jump on your bed. One day I forgot to close the curtains and Ryan saw me. He stood right in the window and pointed at me. I knew he was going to tell on me! So naturally, I begged, pleaded and gave him all my money to shut him up. That night I was already in bed and Ryan came to my room, opened the door, put all my money back on the shelf and said, 'Dad wants you.' WHAT?!!! I was so mad at him! (For telling on me.) I went up to Mom and Dad's room, Dad asked me if I was jumping on my bed. I told him no. He asked me again and said Ryan said I was. I told him no again. He spanked me. I still denied it. He spanked me again. I still denied it. He sent me to bed.

This is the first time I've ever mentioned this experience since then. I'm not sure why I couldn't just say, 'Yes, I was jumping on my bed!' (And sometimes I invited Garen and Adam to join in on the fun!) But I never did admit to it.

No comments:

MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)