Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saturday was a special day...

Saturday was a really long day for me and my Dad. It started at 3:15am. We each left our homes by 4:30, met in Tacoma and then went to the temple together. We did temple work and met with two different members of the temple presidency. The president was Kyle's mission president and one of the counselors is from my home ward in Bremerton. We were in the temple from 6:00 to 10:30 or so.  I loved it.

From there, instead of returning to my home, we took a whirlwind trip to Eastern Washington to visit my Grandpa Price (my mom's dad) as well as some of my aunts and uncles. We got to Kennewick around 2:30 and spent a couple hours with Grandpa. It was a great visit. I hadn't seen him since my Mom's funeral, over a year ago. Here are some pictures of him and Norma. 

 Here he is, showing us what he does best.
This was the first look I got of him when we walked in the room.
 These are all his balloons from his birthday. He was being a model.

From there we headed over to Basin City to Steve and Marla's house. I hadn't been to their house since 2002. We weren't there very long but I enjoyed it. That evening we attended a potluck/family get together for the Whitby's and Calaway's. Marla made the corn mean pancakes and chili sauce that my mom used to make. It was good company and good food. Most of the people there were my mom's cousins. I didn't know very many of them but it didn't really feel that way. Everyone was very inviting.

Dad and I got back on the road at 7:45 to head back to my house. We got home at 12:02am after traveling 571 miles. Had we only been driving one way, that was enough miles to go from my house to somewhere between Boise and Mountain Home, Idaho. However, I was glad to be sleeping back in my own bed at the end of our long day.

I also have some good video of my grandpa but I'm having a hard time getting it to upload. I'll keep trying. Until then, just know grandpa was in good spirits. We were there for 5 minutes before we knew who we were. He showed me the 2 seats he likes to sit at for dinner, depending on which side of the dining room they serve first and he was really funny. I don't remember him kidding around a lot when I was younger so I enjoy each of my visits with him more and more as an adult.

*Dear family, feel free to copy any of these pictures to your hard drive. They were all taken on my cell phone so I don't know how the quality will be, but what I have is better than having nothing at all. To copy them, just click on the desired picture, when it's in it's own screen, right click on the picture and 'save as.' If you want copy of the video, let me know and I'll email it to you. I think it needs to play with a quicktime.  I'm not sure though.


Gina Jill said...

I am jealous of your trip! I wish I could have played!!!

Kimberly said...

I love the pictures and will watch the videos shortly... I love those 2! I'm so glad I married this family. That last picture is great, it shows that even though they are frustrated with eachother, they still do love eachother. Did you cut his toenails? Toby would have appreciated it, he's now Grandpa's toenail clipper.

Lacy said...

:) Dedra, you are the best! looks so fun

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!

visited 22 states (44%)