.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Memory Monday

When I was in third and fourth grade I helped everyday in the special ed. class. There were 2 girls who I worked with. One had down syndrome and the other one I don't know her diagnosis. I loved those girls and my time with them was my favorite part of the school day.

In high school there was a girl with down syndrome in my P.E. class who was super funny and loved jumping jacks but loathed push ups.

I have a cousin with down syndrome--Vonnie. I've only met her a few times but she is the cousin on the Anderson side of my family I remember the most as a child because I just thought she was so cool.

As an adult I worked with developmentally delayed children in the school system. It was the most rewarding job I've ever had.

I started my new job last Friday. I worked with 3 women who have delays I am not unfamiliar with. All I have to say about it is I LOVE THOSE WOMEN! I won't be seeing them today because I'll be at a different house tonight, but I can't wait to see them until tomorrow.

That's all.

No comments:

MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)