.

.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Anti Mother's Day Post.

I'm not celebrating Mother's Day this year. Or maybe I am celebrating it by ignoring it all together. I actually have a real mother's day post started and it will be a little late this year. Instead I thought I'd share a hypothetical scenario...one that has me questioning if I should attend church tomorrow.

I'm not in the mood to listen to Mother's Day talks. I don't really want to hear how great everyone's mother is and all the super fantastic things they do. So here's how it's going to go down. I'm going to take a super soaker with me to church tomorrow. (A really big water gun.) I might even get the backpack the holds extra water. Then I'll sit in the front row of the chapel and as each speaker talks about how awesome their Mom is, I'll squirt them in the face. Gurgling talking will take place. When it's over, I'll go to the next class and act as though nothing out of the ordinary happened.

yeah, I need therapy.

ps, right now Ken and Matthew are having a High School Musical marathon.

3 comments:

Gina Jill said...

I love this idea! I think I may join you.

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

My Mom felt like this when we were kids. She used to frequently get "sick" on Mothers Day. We hated it because we thought she was a pretty great mother. I'm sure your kids feel that way about you.

Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

I know how much your soul aches for her. :( I thought of you a lot yesterday.

MMB

Search This Blog

World Domination or bust!


visited 22 states (44%)